STRAIN: Sour Gorilla
THCa 27.9% /D9-THC .30%/ CBGA .80%/ CBG .20%
CLASS: Sativa Dominant Sativa / Indica Hybrid
LINEAGE: Sour Diesel X GG#4
PURCHASED: Ethos/ Catonsville Mission Medical Dispensary @missioncatonsville
1. Beta-Myrcene 2.01%
2. Caryophyllene 0.38%
3. Beta-Pinene 0.30%
4. Occimene 0.23%
EFFECTS (MIND + BODY):
- + Instant “head buzz” feeling
- +uplifted and energized euphoria
- +uplifted / happy feeling
- +mild sensations of anticipatory excitement w/o anxiety
- +Quickening of thought /cognitive activity
- +Increased ability to focus
- + some mild perception distortion:aural/auditory
- + “body buzz” feeling courtesy of the Myrcene levels
- + ocular & temple pressure
- -/+ increase in appetite, again Myrcene
- -dry “cotton” mouth**
- -dry eyes**
- +/- potentially arousing
- -/+potential for some mild haze-daze**
**in higher doses/IMO
BEST USED:Early Morning/ Morning / Daytime/ Early Evening –
My olfactory system was hit with a pungently spiked aroma of Grapefruit and Pine Sol lemon cleaner.
APPLICATIONS (MEDICAL + RECREATIONAL)
Could help mitigate or alleviate. some symptoms associated with:
- Loss of appetite / eating disorders
- ADD/HD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- Anxiety/ panic disorder/ panic attacks
REC; Sour Gorilla is a real “All-Rounder” of a strain that can, and will enhance almost any activity or situation.
- Lends itself to activities requiring attention to detail / increased focus
- Artistic endeavors/ creative pastimes/ hobbies/ etc.
- Can be socially/ conversationally stimulating
- Gardening/ yard work/ etc
- Misc- a good Morning strain but in smaller doses sense it may cause a type of focus-distraction: you may get embroiled in a an activity that would normally not hold interest Bc of it is inconsequential
Good For Bowls and Rolls:
This batch definitely requires the use of a grinder to break down the rock hard buds.
AROMA: My olfactory system was hit with a pungently spiked aroma of Grapefruit and Pine Sol lemon cleaner.
- Pine- evergreen/ fresh pine needle aroma
- Undertone of earthy-soil aroma
- Chem- a non-descript glue-like aroma most likely from the GG#4
- Fuel- generic petrol-type aroma at times courtesy of its Diesel roots
- Artificial- lemon-cleaner /pledge scent
- Sweet- lemon
- Citrus -lemon
- Musk- slight hash-type essence on exhale
- Evergreen- essence of pine-type taste upon exhale
- Musk- hash-type after-taste
A CLOSER LOOK INSIDE:
There is a solid Pinene content at .30%. which offers a nice cerebral jolt. The Caryophyllene at .38% is also substantial and works to give even more weight to an already stunning level of Myrcene at 2.01%!. This is quite high, and almost qualifies Sour Gorilla as an Indica. The sedative effect, or at least the muscle relaxation is felt concurrent with the cerebral high, giving Sour Gorilla free reign to pick you up and then settle you down for the evening.
Sour Gorilla is a potent blend of two iconic strains GG#4 (formerly “Gorilla Glue”) X Sour Diesel which provides an uplifting, euphoric, focused cerebral motivation from its Sativa Diesel genetics , while an Indica “body buzz” keeps the body relaxed, hungry, and inevitably sleepy courtesy of the GG#4.
THE LONG ROAD HOME (…my toke)
Sour Gorilla by Curio gave me a very nostalgic feeling. Maybe it was from my many years of exposure to Diesel strains while living in NYC in the 90’s during the bicycle delivery explosion.
Maybe it was the almost minty-chemical aroma of the GG#4. One thing is for sure, the high it gave me brought back definitely memories of familiar sensations: the auditory distortion / amplification, the immediate “buzz” feeling about the eyes and temples, the sudden rush of motivation and cerebral energy, and then there’s the “stoned” feeling that almost always transpires with bouts of stomach pangs and moments of “haze-daze” that keep you coming back for more.
It definitely seems to be on the fence with regard to its propensity to cause some feelings of anxiousness /social anxiety/ existential dread etc. But, the GG#4 seems to do its part in taming the overall experience toward a more Indica -inspired relaxation of both mind and body.
I would most definitely purchase Sour Gorilla again (I ended up buying two eighths and I tried to buy more) for its focus and euphoria.
This strain was very enjoyable and gave me a familiar type of high that ramped up my motivation and allowed me to intensify my focus. I am looking for the next batch of Sour Gorilla from Curio. In many ways it reminded me of Curio’s Sour Jack but with a more Indica feel.